I’m sorry, but WHAT THE HELL did I just read?
This is 200% not okay. Dressing like a “whore” as this person so quaintly put it does not mean that one is “asking for it” or that it’s “stupid” to “cry” about getting raped as a result of such. Statements like these help perpetuate rape culture by taking the blame away from the rapist and putting it on the victim. It does not matter what one wears, looks like, or behaves like as rape is an absolutely inexcusable act. The fault should not be placed on a victim for his or her fashion sense but on the rapist for their lack of control. One could be bundled up like a nun or in nothing but their birthday suit and that STILL does not excuse rape. Nothing excuses rape. Nothing justifies another person sexually assaulting another or even TOUCHING them without prior consent. Period.
Goodness. In the words of the fictitious Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth, “I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.”
- pickles-n-cheese-pillow-fight reblogged this from bye-sexual-cupcake
- my-tragic-romance likes this
- bye-sexual-cupcake reblogged this from dismalsunrise
- bye-sexual-cupcake likes this
- lavendersisterhood likes this
- lavenderhealing likes this
- mrsodacola likes this
- niceenoughraccoon reblogged this from dismalsunrise
- dismalsunrise posted this